- Condition: New
- Material: Stainless steel tubing with an electropolished satin finish, Precision CNC machined aircraft grade aluminum
- No cut or plastic fairing modifications required
- Fit Model: Yamaha
- 2012 - 2019 Super Tenere
This purchase is for a set of engine guards and skid plate for the Yamaha Super Tenere.
Our new engine guards feature stainless steel tubing that has an electropolished satin finish. The guards feature aircraft grade aluminum skid plates (2 on each side) that can be inexpensively replaced should the bike go down. We don't want you to have to test the guards but in the event that you do, you can just pick up the bike and ride without worries. No need to replace the whole set as the skid plates were designed to minimized damage to the guard itself. The guards are also compatible with our skid plates (in production) for the bike. The steel tubing is bolted to the engine mount of the bike and the skid plates are bolted onto it. The steel tubing has six attachment points to prevent them from rotating in the event of a low side. The engine guards are braced together by crossbars in order to further increase its strength and ability to absorb damage.
Our skid plate is designed to minimize damage and protect your bike from dirt, mud, and other debris. The skid plate is CNC cut from a solid 4mm sheet of aircraft grade aluminum. The plate is then tig welded and finished with black powder coating to increase durability. Rest assured that you are getting the best material commercially available. We use highest grade bolts commercially available 12.9(177,000 psi in tensile strength) wherever possible. Rest assured that you are getting the best material commercially available.
Why Pick Our Skid Plate?
Durability and Quality
- 4mm thick aircraft grade aluminum (Solid plate not separate pieces that are riveted/bolted together)
- Bigger skid plate and covers more area than other plates in the market
- CNC cut / bend
- Tig Welded
- Finished in durable black powder coating
We understand that riders want protection for both on/off the road. Our skid plates were designed to take the beatings of your everyday riding. Our skid plates are mounted at two locations (front, back). The mounting locations of a skid plate play a critical role in how much it can minimize damage and protect. We did not want to mount anything on the engine cover or stator as that would more likely cause more problems than prevent. Other skid plates that mount on the covers is trusting the integrity of the plate on 6mm bolts that are connected directly to the engine covers. Major impacts or accident will rip and crack that cover or bolt.
Accessibility and Compatibility
- Installation Video Available! View and learn about the process before you make your decision
- Easy Access to the oil filter with our removable cap! No need to remove the whole skid plate!
- Easy Access to the bottom oil drainage bolt
- Compatible with our center stand (in production) and engine guards (N77-12EG).
- Technical Customer Support - Monday - Friday 9am - 5PM
Peace of Mind
- 30-day return policy
- 2 Year Manufacturers Warranty for manufacturing defects
- Free 2-3 Day Shipping within the 48 contiguous states